Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Judah!!

Well it's past midnight and I'm still up.  My son Judah is now officially 6 years old today. 
My little man at 2 years old.

The day he was born (Oct 19, 2005) I was reading the Fort Worth Star Telegram in the lobby at North Hills Hospital. I found an article in the sports section about a Keller High School senior with Down syndrome named Lyndon Laplante. The article was about this young man's dream to score a touchdown for his high school football team and how it became a reality by way of a 99 yard run. 





I was really having a hard time with life/faith, etc and this story gave me hope and encouragement in what was a dark hour of my life.

I'm posting this in honor of Down syndrome awareness month and the incredible positive impact having a child with DS has had on me personally. I'm the fortunate one!

Happy birthday Judah! You have brought so much love and joy to our lives!  I love you more than ever!



1 comment:

  1. I can not believe your little guy is 6 already! I remember him at the Gifford Christmas party as a little bitty baby with the cutest little mohawk. He's is adorable and I'm glad to see he is doing so well!
    Happy Birthday, Judah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. If you choose to leave a comment, please mind your manners. Positive comments and constructive criticism are always welcome. Negativity and name calling will result in a chin check.