Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Down for Life.

Today Judah's teacher told me a story about some of his classmates.  They have a new student in their class.  Apparently the new student was thrown off a bit by Judah and unsure how to react around him.  One of the little girls in the class told the new student: "Judah learns different than me and you, he's a bit slower because he has what you might call... Down syndrome."  

I'm not a cryer.  I'm not trying to be macho, it just takes an act of God to pull tears out of me... but I believe kids with DS are an act of God and stuff like that chokes me up.  I couldn't be more proud.

At the beginning of the school year I read My Friend Isabelle to Judah's class and gave each of his classmates a xeroxed copy of this coloring book.  I've seen positive results throughout the school year already.  Having that little girl say that encourages me that advocacy does pay off!

Here's some links to encouraging stories that are circulating the interwebz lately:



Noah's Dad on the News

Be an advocate for kids with Down syndrome and all kids with special needs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. If you choose to leave a comment, please mind your manners. Positive comments and constructive criticism are always welcome. Negativity and name calling will result in a chin check.